Protecting your privacy is very important to us at Creations Jez and Bristol Leather.
THIS VERSION IN EFFECT SINCE MARCH 31, 2003
Protecting your privacy is very important to us at Creations Jez and Bristol Leather (referred to as "bristolleather.com"). This Policy explains how bristolleather.com collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using the bristolleather.com Web site (the "Web Site"). It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through the Web Site. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
By using the Web Site, you signify your consent to bristolleather.com's collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
- Non-Identifiable Information - Like many other Web sites, the Web Site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Web Site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the date and time you access the Web Site, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to the Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. This non-identifiable information is used for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Site. Your non-identifiable information may be permanently archived for future use by bristolleather.com for statistical purposes only.
- Cookies - The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (and would bring you directly to the main page, instead of viewing the Flash intro again). You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, doing so will not hinder your use of the Web Site, but will result in you viewing the Web Site Flash intro each time you return or visit the bristolleather.com home page.
Tracking Information - bristolleather.com may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Web Site user demographics, Web Site traffic patterns, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SPECIFICALLY PROVIDE
- Your Personal Information - During your use of the Web Site, if you choose to use the automated Contact Us form, you will be required to fill out certain personal information fields (such as your name and email address) and asked to voluntarily provide certain other personal information (such as your postal address and telephone number) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you. It is always your choice whether or not to provide the optional personal information in this form.
- Use of Your Personal Information - bristolleather.com may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, and to facilitate and enhance your use of the Web Site. bristolleather.com may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which will be used to provide the very best service to you. bristolleather.com will never sell or share any information it collects about you with third party entities.
- Email from bristolleather.com - bristolleather.com may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about bristolleather.com, and other matters bristolleather.com believes will interest you. At any time you may ask bristolleather.com to stop sending you email and other information by contacting email@example.com. Also, each unsolicited email bristolleather.com sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email. From time to time bristolleather.com may also send to you email containing important information regarding the Web Site, which you may not opt out of receiving.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information - bristolleather.com may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
(v) Disclosure in Business Transfers - bristolleather.com may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, bristolleather.com may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish bristolleather.com to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of bristolleather.com's business, please notify bristolleather.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(v) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - bristolleather.com may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where bristolleather.com has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to bristolleather.com's legal counsel.
- Location of Information - bristolleather.com will store and process your personal information in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, bristolleather.com employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and bristolleather.com cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
- Contests and Promotions - If contests or promotions are made available through the Web Site, the applicable contest or promotion rules may include rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. To the extent that those specific rules conflict with this Policy, the particular contest or promotion rules will govern regarding personal information collected in connection with the contest or promotion.
- Other Web Sites - The Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource. bristolleather.com has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Web Site Use Agreement and Web Site Transaction Agreement - The Web Site Legal Agreement governing your use of the Web Site (which may be viewed by clicking here) contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding bristolleather.com's liability for your use of the Web Site and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Web Site. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy and bristolleather.com's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
- Former Users - If you stop using the Web Site or your permission to use the Web Site is terminated, bristolleather.com may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want bristolleather.com to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, please notify bristolleather.com at email@example.com.
- Policy Changes - To accommodate changes in the Web Site, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in bristolleather.com's sole discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. bristolleather.com's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Accordingly, when you use the Web Site you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version.
- Your Comments - If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact bristolleather.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.